Monday, August 27, 2007

room hunter on the loose...

Boyfriend came to spend the weekend with me on the pretext of coming here on a business trip to work on, yet another pitch. Over the weekend we did some room hunting since the current apartment is going to be sold. I wish so much that the place we’re hunting is the place we are living together.

We visited 2 places so far; the first is a common room that is right opposite an mrt station. This unit is to be shared with 2 other Thai people. This might be my first time to share place with foreigners. The part I love most about the room, is it has a huge full length mirror with a huge cupboard for my stuff and since the unit is a 22nd floor, it is actually quite windy, no need for air-con but I think might be hard for boyfriend.

My main criteria when it comes to choosing a place to live is this place has to be very near mrt station. I know how much a pain it can cause if I have to walk very far. With the budget that I have, I suppose I should be able to find a place that is near mrt station but perhaps not a master room with own toilet. I guess I can do away with the private toilet but definitely can’t live far from mrt station.

Then the 2nd place we went is supposedly 7 minutes away, according to the lady I spoken on the phone, from the nearest mrt station but to our horror when we reached, we walked a 15 minutes sweaty walk. At least that’s what I saw it happened on poor boyfriend. He was soaked in sweat from head to toe and the apartment seems a little unpleasant to our likings. First there was a stench in the house then the actual owner of the house sleeps in the living room and the unit is much too small to my comfort. I noticed the people in that area seems to be some aging community since there were 2 ongoing funerals side by side the road.

Based on these 2 rooms I viewed, I think we both prefer the first room. Due to its convenience and our first impression of the places, think we might just go for the first room we went. I’ve just conveyed my interest to the Thai lady over the phone, going to put pay my down payment soon.

Wish me luck ;)

No comments: